Re: better way to extract dvd audio with ffmpeg

I just noticed that you are trying to extract only the audio, or possibly transcode it. I do believe vobcopy may still be able to help you, since you should be able to pipe the output to standard output and straight into ffmpeg, which can either copy the audio only or transcode it to the format you want, thereby saving space on your hard drive. This example worked for me to extract an mp3 version of the title I wanted from a DVD. You can adjust it to fit your specific needs.

vobcopy -l -o - | ffmpeg -i - -vn -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 128K audio.mp3

Hope this helps.

~Kyle