Re: better way to extract dvd audio with ffmpeg

Have a look at vobcopy. The command

vobcopy -l

will get the title with the most chapters from your default dvd device and pipe it out to one large .vob file in your current working directory, giving it a filename that is the same as the title of the DVD. This looks like exactly what you're trying to do using the cat command you included, but without the repeated headers and bad data caused by the concatenation that makes ffmpeg complain. The man page lists a lot of other options that may also be useful, including mirroring the entire DVD and copying out one title from an already mirrored DVD or a specified mount point. You can also specify that multiple files be created with a given size limit, default is 2GB without the -l option. I did notice that my test copy made the filename the title of the DVD plus a 1 at the end, but I think that can be changed in options as well, especially if you want only one file.

~Kyle