Re: void-linux

Trying to run the base iso on a qemu virtual machine, I never hear anything. I waited about 30 seconds, tried to login as root with password voidlinux, which is supposed to be the default, then tried running

modprobe speakup_soft

espeakup

followed by a simple

espeak hello

and got nothing. It appears that although Void can be used blindly, it cannot be installed using the base media installer. This does not however mean that it can't be installed manually starting from a talking base like the Arch iso or something similar. The installation will be far more complicated than if the live installer was available, but it can be done.

~Kyle