Turning off screen in Linux

Hello everyone,

Ubuntu Mate 22.04 64-bit.

I suppose there are multiple ways to go about turning off the laptop
screen on Linux, from switches to more invasive configuration modifications.

I wonder, what is the ideal solution for us to set up, so it would be
possible to turn off the screen, so we could save battery, protect the
displayed information etc. but we could at the same time switch the
setting when necessary without the need to log out / restart?

Thanks for your advices!

Best regards

Rastislav