Re: Impossible to know sender info

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 04:02:18PM -0700, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>> On Aug 15, 2022, at 15:35, Joel Roth wrote:
>>
>> ... If we're already hacking the From: field, how about
>> including the original name e.g
>> JustSomeGuy via Blinux <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> ?
>>
>> If the MTA is postfix, it could be just the matter
>> of writing a regex to do this. (Raises hand to volunteer)
>
>This is a great offer; I hope you can get permission to do it.
>FYI, I think the version is fairly old, so your mileage may vary...

IIRC the problem is the old mailman version that caused the settings of the
list to be how they are currently. Newer versions of mailman have better
spam fighting config options...

So how about moving the list to a system where a newer mailman is running?

I host three mailman servers and it would be no problem to move the list
over there...

Cheers,

  Schoepp