Re: "Accessibility in Fedora Workstation" (fwd)

(from Matt Campbell)

Thanks all for the appreciation and memories. But I'm afraid that, at the risk of getting philosophical, the person who created ZipSpeak and trplayer no longer exists. I remember being him, and I still have his name and email address, but I'm no longer him. I've changed so much over the two decades since then. Nothing makes that clearer than Chris's and Karen's concerns about my attitude toward Linux console users and, more generally, people who don't follow the whims of mainstream technology for whatever reason. And those responses have given me something to think about, but I don't yet know what I'll do about it. I said what I wanted to say on the Fedora accessibility article, and maybe I shouldn't have even let myself get pulled into that thread. But I think I'm now philosophically far enough away from many, or even most, in this community that I will probably retreat again from this list and other related lists.

Matt