Re: Starting lightdm in text mode

No idea...

But related question, I do wonder if there's any text mode only display managers. yes I know you can startx aftr login, but I do like how display managers give you the F1-F6 TTY, something I can't, AFAIK and correct me if I'm wrong, get with startx?

I'm not sure if downgrading lightdm would solv ethe issue? If you're on Arch grab the downgrade package from the AUR. It may be available in other distros, I honestly dunno if it is or not, and I orget how oyu downgrade packages in Debian/Ubuntu or Fedora and no clue on Slackware stuff