Re: SSH server authentication (was Re: Remaining DecTalk Issues in Speakup?)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Hi Jeff: Yes its Unstable. Usually any1 here needs a dot pem file to get in.

hmm OK well you may want to look at /usr/share/doc/openssh-server/changelog.Debian.gz for any package changes. I'm not running Syd anywhere so can't be of much help.

For some reason, even though openssh is installed, it doesn't tab-complete, so I cannot give you a version number.

Firstly, openssh-server is the package name, the binary is called sshd. And it's in /usr/sbin which won't be in a regular user's path.

If you want to see the package version for any package, you can run:

dpkg -s openssh-server

HTH,
Geoff.