Re: cell phone industry practices

Unfortunately, I don't think these phones can use Orca at this time, since last I knew, the at-spi libraries Orca needs don't support touch interfaces. It is likely that if you could pair a bluetooth keyboard to it, Orca may work as expected and you could navigate around the phone using Orca's laptop keyboard layout, but just using it independently without a secondary input device may not be possible at this time. And then there's the problem of actually getting the keyboard paired to the phone without eyeballs, which would be a challenge on its own. It would really be nice to be wrong about this, but I just haven't seen any developments that would make it possible to interact with a touch screen using at-spi.

~Kyle