Re: Mate Desktop questions

Pipewire is the newest audio system for Linux. In most cases, it can successfully replace the alsa front ends, as well as jack and pulseaudio. There is also a second and supposed to be more comprehensive session manager for it called wireplumber, but I'm having the same conflicts using wireplumber when multiple users, in my case lightdm and my regular user, attempt to access the device at the same time. I will note that I only see this problem on Arch. My Fedora system doesn't seem to conflict in the way I mentioned, and it's been using pipewire since before pipewire was cool, at least from what I read.

~Kyle