Best Distro for Blind

Hello,

I am a totally blind person and a LONG time Windows/Jaws/NVDA user. I am wondering what would be a recommendation for the best distro/GUI environment to begin using?  I would love to be able to move away from Windows and use Linux full time for browsing, email, word processing and spreadsheets. I have a Thinkpad X220 that I can use for Linux. About 15 years ago, I played around with Venux, but that project seems to be dormant now. I have a Pi 3B+ running some ham radio software and I have to SSH into it occasionally and perform some command line stuff. For daily usage, I want a full GUI environment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John