Are Their Any Other Graphical Screen-Readers in Linux, Other than ORCA?

Well, 1 of my sighted Linux friends thinks the reason I am not comfortable in ORCA has more to do with as he calls it, "tyling" He thinks another desktop might be the trick? Some background, when I was practicly dragged `kicking-and-screaming in to windows in late 1997, I did manage to get a feel for a win95/98 desktop, where everything was up-and-down. But once they switched to windows explorer, they basicly lost me. So an obvious 2 questions? Are their any other alternatives to ORCA? And if that were an only choice, are their simpler desktops which would have more of a feel I am more used to? An only other choice, which won't compile now is LSR from around 2007. I am certainly rather contented with a straight console, but for many sites, graphical may be an alternative, which a Chromebook with Chromevox has not really offered. Thanks so much in advance for your analysis. Also, I trust there are many more hier quality voices in graphical?
Chime