Re: anonymity, threads, signatures, and confusion

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
I'm not sure who the list owner/administrator is or even if they're
active, but I assume Rich would've already tried to figure out a way
to conceal e-mail addresses without completely anonymizing the list if
he had the access to do so.
If memory serves, it was the list manager who implemented the current environment, meaning choice and ability was involved.

That said, asking for users to include some kind of  tag line in their
posts to make it easier to keep straight who said what isn't an
unreasonable request, and while I doubt I'll actually make a habit of
it because I'm somewhat absent-minded and forming new habits is hard
and pretty much anyone can just ignore the request, actually  getting
 hostile about it seems uncalled for.

If memory serves it takes less than 30 days to adopt a new habit. Far from hard.
As for hostel, who?
Surely you are not projecting an interpretation of a posters emotional state from words on a screen?
Especially if  punctuation often associated with hostility is absence?

As stated, and agreed to, nothing currently prevents a person from providing details about themselves in posts. If individuals are not choosing to do as much, while still learning here, well.