Re: Half qwerty keyboards?

Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a one-handed arch user. Why I am asking this, I use to be a Mac
> user, using the One-Handed Keyboard app for all my typing. Are there
> any usable Half Qwerty apps out there? A good Mac example is Mirror
> Qwerty.

Hi Brandt,
Have a look at <https://github.com/eklhad/acsint>.  Karl Dahlke did some
work in this area.  At one time, there were two implementations of the
half-qwerty layout in the acsint codebase: one was a kernel module, and
one was a daemon that ran completely in userspace.

Hope this helps,
-- Chris Brannon