Re: Announce: Slint64-14.2.1 is released.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 1:38 AM, Linux for blind general discussion
<blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> Le 01/01/2018 à 06:51, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
>> Is there any chance of Slint64 acquiring Live DVD capabilities anytime
>> soon. I couldn't see any way of test-driving without installing it.
>> Note that Salix can do the Live DVD routine:
>> <http://guide.salixos.org/212BootingfromaSalixInstallationmedium.html#3_1_2>.
>
> Providing ta Live DVD is in my TODO list, and I even began to work at it
> some months ago with the help of Dimitris Tzemos, Slackel maintainer who
> also maintain the stuff needed for Salix Live.

x--snip--x

> I will resume work on that when I will have enhanced the documentation
> and dealt with most remaining issues with version 14.2.1. Making the
> Live version and testing it will then need some time as I don't want to
> provide half finished or half working stuff.
>
> To shorten a long story, if I'd be asked for an ETA I'd answer:
> hopefully no later than the end of February 2018.

x--snip--x

Sounds great.

If it would help, I may have some time in January and early February
to contribute on documentation. I'm experienced; I've written some
1700 pages of documentation for the NoteCase Pro outliner. Online
version is here. <http://notecasepro.com/help.php>.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]