Re: Installing RHEL 7

I've never known RHEL to be friendly to blind users whether at
installation, or even once installed.

If you need to install RHEL, get sighted assistance. After all, you just
paid $$ for the product, right?

If you have to use a RHEL system, ssh into it.

If you need a very similar environment on your own machine, install
Fedora. You will reliably learn RHEL from Fedora, they're extremely
similar by design.

I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Janina

Linux for blind general discussion writes:
> Hi,
>
> for my job as a systemadministrator I have to use RHEL7 in future and
> not longer Debian :/(. For that reason I was trying to install Redhat
> Enterprise Linux 7 without sighted help, but unfortunatly without
> success :-(. I have tried to activate the textbased installer with the
> inst.text boot command to install a fresh system into a virtual machine
> *kvm(, but only the boot messages were displayed and after the initial
> start has been finished it seems that the system is switching back into
> a graphical mode.
>
> Has anyone here installed RHEL without sighted help and can point me
> into the right direction how to manage this?
>
> Cheers and thanks,
>
>   Schoepp
>
> --
> Christian Schoepplein - <chris (at) schoeppi.net> - http://schoeppi.net