Re: can wildcards be used with ftp downloads?

Hi Karen: I would say "yes" but I would suggest ncftp instead, as with ncftp, as an example, if you were going to download, lets just say all mp3s in a directory, you could type
mget -DD *.mp3
then they would all be removed from the remote machine.
You have another interesting option, lftp where you can browse-and-download from web-sites. Hope some of these help
Chime