Re: Spd.conf ruined my speech. Please help.

Now this is interesting. I did rm -fr ./config/pulse and then rebooted the system to clear memory and played a webm file I have on vlc. Afterwards no change to speech happened at all. So it is possible what configure-pulse is writing is causing problems. This is a current version of archlinux specifically talking arch with all software updated on an x86_64 machine where all of this happened.

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 01:14:01
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spd.conf ruined my speech. Please help.

I predict this will be found not to be a fenrir problem at all but a pulseaudio problem. The reason for that is I have some pulseaudio support for vlc installed on my system and had removed speech-dispatcher-git and fenrir-git from my system since speech was being slowed down here too. Whenever I use vlc to play an mp4 or webm file on this computer, afterwards the speech slows down and sounds like darth vader until I reboot the system. I could wipe out pulseaudio configuration and try playing another mp4 file to see if the same degradation happens too and probably will in a few minutes since now this has got me curious. I expect an outside possibility exists fenrir wrote some wrong stuff with pulseaudio-config and this should be a way to find that out.