Re: Wine?

Tony Baechler here. Sorry, I think you're out of luck. I suggest running Windows in a virtual machine. The only other thing you could try is starting NVDA first, but I'm almost positive that screen readers aren't supported. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me.

Periodically, there is discussion on this. People want to run Windows programs and have the same problem as you. The general conclusion is sound-based games usually work if they are self-voicing, but that's about it. Realize it's only emulating Windows, it's not a full Windows OS. It doesn't have the hooks to run screen readers etc. I played with it once and got nowhere. The portable NVDA might work, but I don't think you can load programs in memory. I think it just runs the .exe and exits.

If you have a modern CPU, you probably have hardware virtualization support. Install KVM (qemu-kvm on Debian and Ubuntu) and set up Windows virtually. If you already have a working install, it might work in the virtual machine. Usually it's safer to do a fresh install. There is also VirtualBox. That's an exercise for the reader and is itself another long discussion. In other words, I don't know the specifics, but I know people have done it. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.