Any1 Familliar with smart package manager?

Well, my dpkg is broken, I receive some rediculous error message about no sandbox on the system.
I tried installing a new copy, but so-far its no improvement.
In looking in Debian packages, I notice a "smartpm" which when it builds, becomes just "smart" But while it loads cash, it never finds any packages. Can some1 please inform what I need to include so as an example, when typing
sudo smart install lynx
it would actually find a match. Thanks so much in advance
Hart