l i n k s and the send user agent.

Hi folks,
I hope I ask this question clearly, forgive the spelling but I wish to draw a comparison. Whenever i reach a 403 forbidden error using l y n x the cat, I can change an option in the options menu related to the user agent. The option which is a check box is send user agent and allows you to, only once, prevent the agent from being provided.
In almost all cases speaking only for myself, this  corrects the 403 error
 for that particular site.
My question is this.
There are times when l i n k s or even e-l i n k s proves a better browser choice. Does anyone know how to impact the user agent in these browsers? if perhaps there is a comparable choice in their configuration pages? It should not make a difference, but I access these tools on shellworld most often, on a dreamhost shell sometimes.
Thanks,
Kare