Re: Urgent: Linux accessibility help

Well, more to the point might be:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKTWP_9.0.0/com.ibm.notes900.help.doc/acc_essibility_c.html

Regretably, it's specifically Windows focused. This doesn't surprise me.
IBM pulled out of Linux accessibility work in the Linux Foundation a
decade ago--before Oracle bought out Sun.

If I had to bet, I'd say Notes ois only accessible on Windows--maybe in
an ios or Android version, because I know IBM has put resources into
making mobile platforms accessible. But, they haven't worked on Linux
desktop accessibility in a decade.

So, if it's going to be accessible on Linux, it'll do so via the web
interface. That's my guess.

Janina

Jude DaShiell writes:
> This url may help some:
>
> http://infolib.lotus.com/resources/domino/8.5.3/doc/nd853aed003/en_us/NotesAll_aria.html#migratingtowebsphereportalversion7.0
>
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2016, Fernando Botelho wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 12:23:11
> > From: Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@xxxxxxxx>
> > To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Urgent: Linux accessibility help
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Lotus Notes/IBM Notes.
> >
> > but since you are under pressure, I thought I would suggest this:
> >
> > If IBM Notes uses a web interface and you will access it with either
> > Firefox or Chrome, you can try out F123 Access, an extension designed to
> > fix accessibility problems. It fixes some accessibility problems
> > automatically, and who knows, it might improve your experience with IBM
> > Notes.
> >
> > Full disclosure: I am part of the F123 team.
> >
> > You can find more info at:
> > https://F123Access.com/
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Fernando