Re: connecting to wireless network

Kali is another distro and specifically is one of Debian's children.

On Thu, 5 May 2016, Mark Peveto wrote:

Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 09:29:36
From: Mark Peveto <southernprince73@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: connecting to wireless network

Forgive the newby here, guys...is kali another distro?

On Thu, 5 May 2016, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Stock debian can be problematical even if the firmware debian iso is used for
an install since I have a ralink usb wifi adapter even the firmware disk can't
install even though all drivers are supposed to be on that disk.  When I tried
the same installation using kali sauna though, the card was recognized and I
had no problem getting onto the network.