Re: smtp.gmail.com recent problem

You need to be sending encrypted email over smtp.gmail.com now. google made some security changes effective February 29, 2016. I haven't managed to get anything working in connection with gmail for command line Linux and don't expect to any longer. I'm seriously tempted to delete my account then create another one after I figure out how to get everything working on command line linux if that ever happens. This will of course disable my android tablet but at this point, that won't be a sacrifice.

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016, Brian Tew wrote:

Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 10:10:28
From: Brian Tew <montanalag@xxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: smtp.gmail.com recent problem

smtp.gmai.com recently began refusing my emails as follows;

mail server doesn't recognize myusername@xxxxxxxxx

But I can receive and send on the same account with apple ipad and can
still receive popmail in ubuntu.
I have been using this same setup for years and have not made any
changes I know of.
Any ideas?

Thanks.