debian firmware disk bug

I'm not reporting this bug since I don't even know where it should go in terms of report-bug. Also, you have to have the software installed to report a bug on it since report-bug gathers information from hardware and software settings.

Here's the interesting situation.
The debian testing disk correctly finds and configures a wifi adapter on my amd machine which is a real amd athelon k8 northbridge machine. However, hook that same adapter to my acer aspire 5003 notebook and put the testing disk in and run it on the acer and very different results happen. We get down to network configuration and I get told about missing firmware needing to be installed and supposedly get given the choice of inserting removeable media with the firmware on it or not with numbers 1 and 2 respectively. However it doesn't matter which number is hit or whether no number is hit, you don't go beyond that point in terms of installer execution and it is impossible to remove the dvd to insert another. Which means reboot time and don't use this on anything acer. That's why they call this stuff testing though.