debian-firmware disks

It's possible to use these for accessible installs however the boot procedure is a little different. The firmware disks do not beep at the grub prompt. However if you hit s just as you hear the dvd start spinning up and then hit enter, you will have speech over the sound card shortly. The first time the disk just spun up so I powered down and decided to try what I just wrote and it does work. I was able to configure the wifi network with the disk I downloaded so will be doing a reinstall of the laptop later today.