Re: debian-firmware disks

If I understand correctly, you're saying that the regular DVD does beep, but the DVD with non-free firmware doesn't. Exactly which DVD image did you download?

I'm asking because if one image is beeping and the other isn't, you've found a bug and it should be reported. My understanding is that all CD and DVD images from stable should beep, regardless of whether they include non-free firmware. If you downloaded from testing, there is no beep and that is expected. DDs who do multiple installs with testing didn't want to be bothered by hearing a beep potentially dozens of times, so it is disabled for testing and unstable.