Re: audio description

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Tony Baechler wrote:

If this subject really interests you, please write off list.

Surely this is on topic.

You should look at get_iplayer. It downloads BBC shows with subtitles and audio description. It used to have ITV and Channel 4 support, but no more.

I know about get_iplayer. I'm actually interested in reception of live TV and radio. I figure this could avoid some of the accessibility issues with hardware set-top boxes, plus I'd just like to do it. And there'd also be the possibility of recording things to listen to later.

There would seem to be two issues:

1.  Find compatible hardware.   This should be easy enough.

2. For playing audio description, finding a way of mixing the main program audio with the description stream.

Geoff.