Re: audio description

On Mon, 4 May 2015, neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

i have one of those rtl832u uusb dongles and it gets me dab and  tv.
however you cant get  either subtitles or more importantly audio description
over here except withfreeview hd so i was thinking of getting one of the new 290e dongles.

  however i am intrigued by the subtitles thing. anyboyd thought of converting these to text using tesseract or similar.
is thi spossible to do in real time?

Just wondering how you got on with any of this stuff. I've just moved to the UK and am very interested in DTV reception (there's no DAB here on Skye).

Are subtitles not sent as text?

Geoff.