Re: a *very* odd question especially for me.

I prefer keeping this on its on Linux machine. granted i have had a dedicated though useless Linux box here for over three years now, when a member installed Linux on a drive for me, leaving out totally the server, and lord knows what else. I want to have the ability to learn Linux at some point if something ever exists as a better screen reader than speekup. Plus as peter illustrates, this is more than just for lillypond. I want to run some of the several packages suggested. If need be I want to connect the piano keyboard to the machine as well, which cannot be done with my main machine. I want the playback solely on that machine too, its speakers, its quality sound card. Basically setting up a Linux machine only for music work but the ability to Handel the speech interaction via ssh TELNET from my dos machine with what I know is quality speech. At its best, as you hinted the scripting might not require much user interaction at all. So I can just write arrange listen and print .
Is that more clear?