Re: removing speakup from memory?

I read long ago that if you used the button to shut down Linux you'd likely damage your system. I gather it was the same with Windows. Now, when need be, I can shut the machine off using the button without doing any harm that I know of. I guess somebody figured out they'd better cover that base, since sometimes the button's the only way out.

I wish I had a coffeemaker like Kyle's. It would save me a lot of trips to our attics, where our computers reside. :--)

Al