Re: Best command-line distro

It looks like Debian might be the best choice. However, I need brltty to
run at boot-up, so it shows the login mesage. Is there a package for
Debian that will set this up. I also need brltty 5.2, because 5.1 won't
work with my Focus 40 Braille display. I don't want a graphical
interface preloaded.

Ubuntu 14.04 sometimes behaves strangely at the command line.

Thanks,
John

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 02:13:44PM +0100, Aldo wrote:
> As far as I know, there isn't any distro that should be the "best" for
> command-line usage; I'am a Debian user since march 2000, and Ubuntu is
> giving me as much satisfaction used on command-line interface.
> There aren't so much differences between shese two distros used on
> command-line, that I may easily say taht they are quite similar and as easy
> and accessible both.
> The only reason why sometimes I choosed for Ubuntu instead of Debian, is
> that there are some apps in a recent version on it; but in general I use
> Deiban on a desktop PC, and the only difference for me is root versus sudo
> su, taht's all!
>
> Aldo.
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:55:53AM -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> > Which distro is best for working solely at the command line? I was using
> > CentOS for a while, but some of the applications were out of date.
> > Ubuntu is giving me trouble.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > --
> > John J. Boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
> > Abilitiessoft, Inc.
> > http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> > Madison, Wisconsin USA
> > Developing software for people with disabilities

> --
>   |  Verstuurd vanaf mijn GNU/Linux  |  Envoyé de mon GNU/Linux  |

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA