Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:30:32 +0200
From: Bojan Popovic <bocke@xxxxxxxxx>
To: freedos-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] Dos ocr utility?

I found two ocr programs in my DOS software collection. Both shareware.
The first is OCRSHARE (ver 2.2 1990), the other is PRO-CR (1.04 1989).
Both are from Shareware (ftp) archives so they might be still available
somewhere. Don't know how usable those might be. Haven't tested them.

Several months ago, I did a quick DJGPP ports of GNU Ocrad and
GOCR. Didn't thoroughly test them, but quick tests were successfull
(english texts + default USA DOS codepage). If you're brave, you can
play with that. You'll need CWSDPMI to run any of those. The archives
don't contain the source code.

http://bocke.na.rs/djgpp/ports/misc/gocr049.zip
http://bocke.na.rs/djgpp/ports/misc/ocrad.zip

Cheers,