Re: some bees nest stirring, was just how much can you do with?

RHEL is intended for servers and not desktop systems. Most servers are accessed over the web, and installed over the network. For a different server OS, on a recent project we didn't even create anything but network install images. I'm not sure if this justifies Red Hat's position, but I can see where desktop access to a server OS wouldn't be a priority.

Also, the NFB does not like to sue people. It much prefers to settle things outside of court, and resorts to law suits as a last resort.

On 03/07/2013 09:02 AM, Sam Hartman wrote:
"Tony" == Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

     Tony> Actually, Red Hat and Fedora are two different things.  RHEL
     Tony> is Red Hat Enterprise Linux and is the commercial version.
     Tony> Fedora is the community version with six month release cycles.
     Tony> Red Hat has made it very clear that they have no plans to
     Tony> provide any kind of accessibility.  Since the NFB likes to sue
     Tony> companies (yes, I was formerly part of them and I know what
     Tony> I'm talking about) they should sue Red Hat due to their
     Tony> complete lack of willingness to even include Speakup in the

I was kind of frustrated by your message because  I thought it
incredibly unfair.
So, I started digging and found
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/3/html/Installation_Guide_s390/s1-intro-access.html

Unfortunately, that site is so out of date that it kind of makes your
point for you.

Technically I'm not convinced speakup is the Linux accessibility
solution I'd advocate for, but that site at least (particularly
containing pointers to documents last updated in 2002) does demonstrate
a lack of attention to accessibility.

--Sam

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail