Re: just how much can you do with?

Well I really wanna ask Jason this, as you may be able to suggest a solution, since I think you are also a DecTalk user? You mention how much you like EmacsSpeak. Well, it supposedly has good or great DecTalk support? Would their be an easy way of running my DecTalk USB from an Emacs server, but still run Speakup or even YASR? You see, while some of us in Speakup with DecTalk have as Tony puts it "inconveniences" I have no understanding or experience with any flavor of Emacs. As an editor I like NANO, but if I had a way of finding a WP6 type version which would run in Debian, I would like to try it. Just for the record, in Speakup, I have instant volume, pitch, and rate changes, which I must fix one at a time each time they drop. Also capitalization is quite messedup, so another alternative would be helpful, also maybe I can advance past 2.6.3.2 kernel.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart