Re: Setting up an atjob.

On 01/20/13 08:51, Hart Larry wrote:
Well Tim, must I run separate "at" jobs to record multiple
streams, beginning at the same time?

I believe you can do it, you just have to background the tasks you want to do in parallel using the ampersand. So you might do something like

  hart@laptop$ at 8am
  at> recording-program http://example.com/one &
  at> recording-program http://example.com/two &
  at> [control+D to quit]

to have it enqueue both jobs to trigger at 8am.

Back again live:  xvfb is really complicated in playing or
recording streams. Some have suggested I try selenium?  Would
that give me chances to record streams from multiple
sound-cards?

Selenium is used for driving a web browser in a recorded/repeatable fashion. It might be feasible to use/abuse it for such purposes if the website doesn't offer a direct download link you can use. However, if it does, using "wget", "curl" or possibly "nc" (netcat) might be a better option for downloading a stream from a website. If the website offers the feed via RSS instead of live-streaming for the programming you desire, you'd be far better off just using a pod-catcher like "hpodder" to snag it all with minimal fuss.

-tim