Setting up Mail in Linux

Hi All,

I have a fully functional Linux box, except for the mail. I have alpine on my system, but I have no earthly idea how to go ab out setting up incoming and outgoing mail. I am told that it is a dreadfully complicated undertaking. I would like to try setting it up by myself, because there is no one in my area who can help me at this time. Any help that any of yolu can provide would be most sinecerely appreciated.

Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/