Re: News Group Issues within Pine?

shellworld.net has had alpine up and running for at least the last year.
The alpine program is the one to file bugs against since only those with uwashington.edu accounts can file bugs against pine and get support. The working arrangement is that pine is experimental software and intended as such. Stuff that works in pine gets ported over to alpine and things that break in pine either get replaced or removed. When something is broken in both packages, then file the bug against alpine and it'll likely get attention whether you have a uwashington.edu account or not. This is the same strategy Okidata followed when manufacturing printers. They used Japan as a test bed to make their mistakes and correct those mistakes and sold the models with the corrections to the rest of the world. On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Hart Larry wrote:

Hi Jeff: Here on Shellworld, its 4.64, which was last version of pine, but even on my hard-drive, its Alpine 2.00 (LFD 1167 2008-08-23) built Wed Aug 27 14:30:56 EDT 2008 on x86-1.fedora.phx.redhat.com Really unless the binary is within last 2days or so, I cannot grab much older with that nntp range set. If I make that value 0 then I see everything or at least since my last visit.
Hart