re: icecream server

Earlier mplayer -playlist http://www.acbradio.org/treasure-trove.pls wouldn't play at all. Tonight though after updates to the system that stream plays with no problems. The other site http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls wouldn't play and still won't. What I did learn about both wtop and wfed was that both have switched over to silverlight and canceled other formats other than windows media player. The package on debian to play silverlight is called moonlight and moonlight has way too many conflicts with way too many files on the linux box I use to make it worthwhile to install it. Basicly, you install moonlight and have to uninstall all of gnome. I can use silverlight on the mac computer I have just not on linux and not on windows since windows did one of its system updates and now has to be fixed by a software technician if one can even be found to do that. On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Geoff Shang wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Jude DaShiell wrote:

 I'm going to have to try a different Linux distro with mplayer and the
 wtop stream and the treasure-trove stream.  The blinux distribution
 doesn't appear to have a functional mplayer program available for it or on
 it.  In the case of acbradio.org, mplayer did connect to a fully qualified
 domain but then ran into trouble after that.

What exactly did you do?  And what error if any did it give you?

Geoff.