Re: grml

If speakup had a command that would search a list for an item with unique attributes you would almost certainly have had the cursor on English rather than Austrian.On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Tony Baechler wrote:

Josh wrote:
 Hi,

 Anyone on this list use grml?

Hi,

Yes. I installed it to my hard disk in its own partition. I'm reasonably happy with it, but I'm still having problems with X. If you run grml2hd to install, do "aptitude update" and "aptitude upgrade grml2hd" first. You might want sighted help for the install because Speakup doesn't always tell you what the default choice is, even with cursor tracking. I kep hearing "OK" even though there was a big list of language choices on the screen. When I got to the language selection, US English was the default but the cursor was on Austrian. I had someone reading the screen so he told me that English was the default, saving me the time of arrowing down through a bunch of choices only to find that was the default to begin with. Especially be careful if installing to hard disk as it will overwrite whatever partition you select and again it doesn't always read correctly. I ran parted first to resize and set up my partitions for the install but I don't know if that's necessary or not. You'll also have to pick a boot loader, either lilo or grub. Read the man pages to decide which is best. Also, you asked about text games a while ago. It doesn't have any interactive fiction interpreters that I found, but look at the bsdgames package. That's probably what you want. Do "aptitude show bsdgames" and "aptitude show nethack." Nethack is another very popular text game but takes some getting used to in terms of navigating.