New member

Hi.  I am new to linux and wonder what the best way is to go about getting a linuc system p and running.  A quick surf about the web unearthed more information than I can cope with about useful applications but no starters guide.  Most seem to assume a fair bit of knowledge about linux.  Which flavour of linux should I go for and is there a user group that would guide me over the initial problems?

I should say that I have some limited vision left so could manage to install using a decent screen magnifier.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Graham Lewis

Cydgysylltydd
Y Ganolfan Datblygu Staff ac Ymarfer Academaidd
Prifysgol Aberystwyth
Adeilad Cledwyn
Campws Penglais
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
SY23 3DD

Ffôn: 01970 621802

Symudol: 07703100401

Ffacs: 01970 622982
E-bost:
gjl@xxxxxxxxxx
www.aber.ac.uk/staffdevelopment

Co-ordinator

The Centre for the Development of Staff and

Academic Practice
Aberystwyth University
Cledwyn Building (Room G18)
Penglais Campus