re: printing signs from command line

No, lp biglots.txt printed out the same way as did lpr. What's worse now, cat biglots.txt doesn't even make it out to the printer. By the way, there's only one parallel port on this machine. If I try to use dos to print the file out it prints out perfectly, this I had verified by someone with vision earlier. So whatever is happening here or not happening is now only as a result of Linux. Could be the printer doesn't do postscript and the rasterizing facilities are broken. In lpadmin manual I think mention is made of an interface option for legacy printers. This printer type is most definitely legacy not having been manufactured for the last 20 years at least. Is what I have in terms of a command correct to use this interface and set that up for this printer or is that likely to break more things?