Re: Running Linux under windows?

No, for a few reasons. First, it isn't officially part of Debian or Ubuntu and I'm not sure how often it's updated or how often new packages are added. Second, my quick reading of the site is that it's a live CD which I don't want, although I read here that it is also a virtual machine. Third, my hardware can't handle a VM right now and I already have a dedicated Linux machine with Debian. Finally, I just haven't had the time to look at it except for a minute, so there could be a lot that I'm missing. Also, as a matter of my own opinion, I dislike the idea of running a special distro designed for a particular disability, in this case the blind. I would much rather use a mainline distro such as Debian which includes a lot of the same accessibility tools already available as packages or Ubuntu which installs Orca by default. The sighted public don't use a special distro especially for them, so why should I use one especially for the blind? Samuel Thibault has done a tremendous amount of work with Debian accessibility to the point that even the installer works with hardware speech and plans are being made to support software speech as well. Since Ubuntu pulls from Debian and Vinux borrows from Ubuntu, why not just go to the source in the first place? By source, I don't mean source code, I mean the source of the packages, specifically Debian.

Geetha Shamanna wrote:
Have you tried Vinux?