Re: virtual machine on netbook?

I'm no Gnome expert, but I understand that the metacity window manager is required. I tried with others and got no speech at all, so I don't think what you say is possible but I could be wrong. Then again I only had 256 MB of RAM on that machine so that could be the problem, but the standard desktop environment task installs metacity and Mario Lang says that it is the required window manager.

Tim Chase wrote:
  I'm not sure how much overhead Orca entails.  However, you may
also be able to run Orca without the overhead of all-of-Gnome --
perhaps running a more light-weight window-manager.  I happen to
like Fluxbox on my older machines (particularly with the numerous
key-bindings I use to make apps just a key-chord away).

-tim