installing vinux

Hi,

Ok I'm listening to a recording of installing vinux. what Darragh's doing is he:
first booted the live cd, he pressed enter on install, well orca can't read the installer because it's not running as the orca user. so, he went into a terminal and typed I think: and read this carefully because I need to know how to type this right.

sudo orca --nosetup -disablemainwindow
pressed enter

and then he typed sudo ubiquity
enter

and that launched the installer. ok so apparently the reason I was having trouble installing because the installer was not reading because installer was a different user, the superuser I guess? so, is this what I need to do to install vinux? run orca and the installer as root useing sudo? so I also have voxin. do I need to be root and orca also be root so it reads the voxin install?
and also do I need to do all my networking from the console like setting up ethernet?

Josh