Re: Upgrading to Gnome 2.22

Hi,

All I know is that I'm pulling in both Debian unstable and Ubuntu Hardy and apt-cache madison gnome-orca shows that Ubuntu is newer. Then again, I'm not one to say much because I never got my instllation of Gnome to work. <grin> I was surprised that apparently Ubuntu was newer. Yes, I do update my package lists fairly often. I don't know if anything else is newer but it looked like Orca had a higher version number.

Geoff Shang wrote:
People I've spoken to who use Gnome regularly seem to recommend running Debian unstable so as to keep up with Gnome development. Of course this is not for everyone, but I'm told that now with the existance of Debian Experimental, Unstable is more stable than it used to be.