To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: What is a talking X

Willem van der Walt wrote:
The console is still popular according to me.
The graphical stuff is progressing very well, but the console is currently the more stable one.

I wouldn't agree completely, but each has its advantages. For example, I prefer to take care of word processing, browsing, and the like through the GUI. But honestly, nothing will ever come close to administering a system through the CLI. Learn the Linux and distro-specific commands, and you'll be able to fix just about anything under even the worst conditions.

- Steve