Re: grml linux

I don't know. Why not download and burn the live CD and find out? You can go to http://grml.org/ and look through the included packages. I burned 1.1rc1 and it booted fine several times. I really didn't explore much beyond the basics. It has sound support and software speech so I would assume it has a media player but you're on your own beyond that. Fortunately it only takes a little time to download and burn so you're not out much if you don't like it. I strongly suggest the BitTorrent as it is very, very slow otherwise. You could also try Ubuntu which definitely has those things but runs under X and is much slower to boot. It includes Orca and software speech also. I don't think grml has Orca.

josh wrote:
does grml have any text word processors, text games, email, web browser, spreadsheet, and media player and stuff like that?