Question about switching to Linux

Hi all,
At the moment I am using Windows every day to do things like sound edititing, email, browsing the web, word processing, etc.
However, I want to do more and more in Linux but I have a few questions.
When browsing the web in Linux with Lynx the experience is not the same as in Windows. There are many sites that don't work very well with Lynx. I don't know how the current version of Orca will work with Firefox.
Since I am using both speech and braille in Windows I want to do that in Linux as well.
I am using BRLTTY but I have not been able to get speech to work. I only get the version of BRLTTY announced.
Since I want to be able to edit sound files, how accessible is Audacity for Linux? Or is there some other sound editor that works?
And at last, configuring Iptables seem to be a little complicated, at least for me who hasn't worked with it. Any recommendations on firewall?
That's all for now and maybe someone can help with this one.
All the best and thanks,
Christian