Re: Cygwin was: Re: Linux without sighted help

You are asking two different questions here so I'll answer both. Yes, the perl that comes with Cygwin is totally accessible, albeit very slow. Yes, ActiveState perl is also totally accessible and is much faster. The later is definitely recommended. Because of the odd way Cygwin handles drives, you're stuck with the former when dealing with apps written to run under Cygwin.

Jude DaShiell wrote:
Has anyone tried running activestateperl which uses cigwin I think with a screen reader and found all of that accessible?